Are you looking for a hotel smoking in Amsterdam? Our suggestions for places to stay in Amsterdam and smoke in peace.
If you want to smoke cannabis or hashish in Amsterdam, you can do so without using tobacco in coffee shops.
If you want to smoke in your accommodation, this isn’t very easy. Since 2008 it is forbidden to smoke inside rooms in hotels in the Netherlands. As smoking is not allowed in bars, this ban is not always respected in hotels.
Suggestions of places to stay in Amsterdam if you smoke
There are hotels where it is possible to smoke, hotels that close their eyes if you do so discreetly, and finally hostels where it is possible to smoke in the common areas. There are also apartments or apart-hotels where smoking is not prohibited.
Our suggestion of places to smoke quietly :
- Greenhouse effect hotel (Warmoesstraat 55), hotel, café, and bar in the red light district of Amsterdam. Instead of party, understand “noisy.”
- Bob’s Youth Hostel (Burgwallen Nieuwe Zijde) in the Old Town of Amsterdam in the heart of the red-light district, dormitories and common areas where you can smoke.
- Flying Pig Downtown (Nieuwendijk 100). Smoking area in the common area of this youth hostel near Leidseplein near the museum quarter.
- NH Carlton Amsterdam (Vijzelstraat 4), luxury hotel between the old town and the concentric canals with a smoking floor.
- De mallemoolen (De Wallen) Small 1 star hotel in the gay part of the red light district. Rooms are smoking. The hotel is dilapidated.
- Amsterdam Cribs (Oude Hoogstraat 7), Hostel in the Old Town. The place looks good with bongs, pipes, and grinders at disposal.
Some of these places only allow vaporizers!
Dutch people view smoking in a much healthier way than ourself “barbaric” cone and bong hitters from Western Europe or the US.
Vaporizers are getting really trendy, especially portable models/ (as seen here www.cannavapos.com/vaporizador-portatil/) and a lot of hotels, including Youth Hostels, will not allow tobacco or joint smoking in their common areas nor inside the dorms!
Vaporizing tends to create a purer vapor which smells less and is healthier for your lungs.
Amsterdam is characterized by a relatively varied and accessible offer for all budgets. You will be able to find rooms in the youth hostel dormitories from 20/30 euros to much more if you want to go for high-end establishments (4 or 5 stars).
Which areas of Amsterdam to choose?
Depending on your interests, you will be able to choose your hotel close to any of the city’s main attractions.
If you are staying near the Central Station or the Dam you will be in the heart of the Old Centre and its historic buildings and the Red Light District where the Old Church (Oude Kerk) is well worth a visit.
If you are looking for the lively nightclubs, cafés, and theaters, we advise you to choose your hotel close to the Rembrandtplein or the Leidseplein where the nightlife will enchant you.
A little further away from the city center, you will also find many hotel offers in the Jordaan district or districts such as Pijp or Plantage.
You will find more information on this city by following this link!
We hope you will make good use of the places listed in this article. Remember to appreciate this city and that there is a vibrant city waiting for you outside of hotels and coffee shops 😉